This website outlines the required specifications for any artwork you submit to Speaker Fulfillment Services to print for your products. This includes binders, DVD cases and albums, jewel cases, and CD labels to name just a few.
The following are two production requirements that must be met. If they are not – the production of your product could be delayed.
- All artwork submitted should be submitted in .jpeg format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Text files such as the inside pages of a manual should be submitted in PDF format.
How to Use this Website
Any artwork submitted needs to contain what is called a “bleed”. This bleed is typically 1/4” on all four sides and will be trimmed off during producion. The purpose of the bleed is to eliminate the possibility of unwanted white edges appearing around your primary background image in the finished product.
- When you look at an individual specification you will first see the finished dimensions of an outsert. This represents the final size once we have cut down the printed artwork for assembly.
- Next you will see a drawing that demonstrates the 1/4” bleed you should have on all four sides.
- Finally you will see a drawing of the overall dimensions of the artwork you need to submit to SFS for us to print out.
Remember, this artwork must be at least 300 dpi. so that your finished product looks its absolute best.
On any of your artwork keep any text that is to be printed a minimum of 1/8” away from what will be the the finished cut edge of that piece.